How I Became A Burnout Coach
Who Am I?
Hi, my name is Rowena and I’m a transformational burnout coach helping people to recover from burnout.
My Coaching Philosophy
How can I help you as a burnout coach?
My philosophy is simple. I’m here to help you to to successfully recover from burnout using a transformational coaching approach.
I help you to recognise the symptoms of burnout and how they are impacting you. Working 1-2-1 with you, I’ll help you discover how you can recover from from burnout by creating healing habits and positive changes in your lifestyle.
I’m not there to tell you that your life can be perfect or that you can recover overnight. But, I can help you to rebuild or transition your career into one that’s right for you.
I want you to thrive, to feel confident, and to re-ignite your passion, purpose and vitality.
People’s stories and their desire to make positive change to their lives, inspires me to do what I do.
My life is all about health and wellbeing.
Originally training as a nurse in a world class teaching hospital, I eventually went on to train and specialise in corporate and workplace health and wellbeing.
Truth be told though, I often felt like the proverbial square peg in a round hole working in large organisations. And, when I started experiencing burnout myself I knew it was time for a change.
I also realised that my strength is in working 1-2-1 with people who want to change their lives in a positive way.
So, after many years of experience in health and wellbeing coaching and mentoring, I chose to build on that training as a Transformational Life Coach.
Why Choose Rowena Wood Coaching?
- I specialise in helping people to recover from burnout using a transformational approach that focuses wholly on you.
- As a transformational burnout coach I offer a safe supportive space for you to get clarity, and clear the way to make positive life change.
- I offer my best, always, to the people who choose to work with me.
- I have a deep belief that people have the opportunity to make a choice to be as well and as happy as they can possibly be.
- And, I also believe that transformational coaching can help a person to recover from burnout and rebuild a career and life that feels right for them.
- I work exclusively 1-2-1 using powerful questioning and listening techniques that empower you to get to the root of how you want to transform your life.
- I’ll help you to create a personal plan to enable you to achieve sustainable results and prevent burnout from happening again.
- My coaching programme focuses on re-igniting your passion, and purpose leaving behind self-limiting beliefs that are currently holding you back.
- Helping you to feel healed, revitalised, resilient and empowered is at the heart of how I work.
- I’ve been on my own journey of healing and transformation. It puts me in a unique position to help you to recover from burnout.
Transformation: My Own Story
So, working on the basis that ‘it isn’t what happens to you but how you respond’ as my personal mantra, here’s my story of how I pivoted.
In 2014 I could barely walk and faced almost certain long term significant disability thanks to a then undiagnosed partial spinal injury.
Gripped by ongoing pain, I was also showing signs of burnout from trying to continue to perform in a high pressure work environment.
Everything came crashing down when one day I woke up in so much pain I was immediately sent to my GP and then hospital.
Overnight I became utterly and totally dependent on other people to get me through each day.
My physical, emotional, relationship and financial health were all under immense stress and eventually I had to give up work completely so that I could recover.
For the first time ever I couldn’t envisage the future with any positivity. I’ll be honest and say there were some really dark days.
How did I make positive change to my life and rediscover my energy, purpose and vitality?
Essentially, I’ve written my own personal 5 rules for recovery and optimal well-being (and you can too). Here’s what that looks like for me:
- Taking micro-steps each day and accepting challenges as opportunities to reflect and where necessary pivot!
- Embracing working from home regularly. Having time to exercise before the working day starts is amazing. And, who doesn’t love bringing their dog to work?
- Using skills and knowledge that I’ve gained throughout my career and building on those skills in a new way.
- Accepting help when I need it. For example, I wouldn’t be doing what I’m doing now without an amazing support network, including my own transformational life coach.
- Realising that change however unplanned, can also bring freedom, and in my case is enabling me to fulfill one of my ‘big dreams’ of living by the sea!
Work with Me:
I love helping people to transform their lives. If you’re willing to put in the work then so am I.
I can work with you 1-2-1 if you’re in the UK, Europe and Scandinavia.
I offer coaching online using Zoom and Skype, enabling you to work with me from the comfort of your own private space whilst also being fully supported.
Book Your Call
Ready to Change Your Life?
I offer a free no obligation 30 minute consultation so that you can explore how transformational life coaching can work for you.